CSME Skillnet – Lean Construction
€587.00 – €2,348.00
The aim of Construction SME Skillnet is to arrange for formal and high quality training, which match the needs of its members, at reduced costs and as a result improve and strengthen the competencies and skills of the network of companies involved.
The training programme provides the training and essential supporting toolbox to help managers deliver their sites in the areas of quality, cost and delivery.
As a member of the Construction SME Skillnet Training Network, companies can avail of discounted training of up to 20% off construction specific training courses.
“Improvement usually means doing something that we have never done before.” — Shigeo Shingo”
Lean Thinking shows how simple ideas can breathe new life into any organisation. The aim is to deliver each project on time and within budget whilst creating a professional, positive and engaging working environment.
The focus is on maximising the efficient use of time and ensuring that the organisation achieves this through continuously improving processes.
Reveal operational problems as they arise.
Convert these ‘weaknesses’ into strengths.
Use the knowledge gained to apply throughout the organisation.
Create managers invested in developing everyone’s capacity to continually innovate and improve.
This programme is a practical application of Lean Tools through a structured approach. 5 course days are supplemented by 8 site visits over a duration of 12 weeks to assist all participants to deliver real value to the business.
Successful completion leads to a QQI Award at Level 5.
Who should attend?
The programme is aimed at aimed at those responsible for management of site activities, and is suitable for both site and project managers and all those who wish to develop their site management skills to an advanced level.
“Lean has allowed our business approach the reduction
and elimination of wastes within our processes in a
structured way that harnesses the energy of staff in a
positive & safe environment. It has led to improvements in
our services that will allow us to compete more
effectively and offer Clients additional value” — Ciaran McGovern, Operations Director, Tobin Consulting Engineers
What will I learn?
- • How to assess my organization against Lean Construction principles and 10 wastes
- • Project terms of reference and supporting data
- How to run a Kaizen team event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- How to see my business as a process with the Last Planner System
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation
- How to control material or information with Kanban
- How to control critical time windows
- How to define standard practice with Standard Work
- How to ensure better efficiency with an Asset Care programme
Outline: Lean Construction training programme
- Day 1: The 5 Principles of Lean – Defining customer value – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- Day 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- Day 3: The Last Planner System – 5S workplace organisation – Kanban and the Pull System
- Day 4: Changeovers and Critical Window – Standard Work – Asset Care
- Day 5: Project Presentations
5 classroom days.
Programme duration is over 12 weeks
Assessment and Certification
QQI Award NFQ Level 5
1, 2, 3, 4