Enterprise Ireland / IDA LeanPlus (30 to 70 days)
€31,000.00 – €64,000.00
Course duration: 30 to 70 days.
The LeanPlus project is intended to assist companies to deepen their capability in Lean business improvement methodologies
“The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what you see” — Alexandra K. Trenfor
The LeanPlus course and project is intended to assist companies to deepen their capability in Lean or similar business improvement methodologies, in order to
Companies will have had prior experience of using Lean or similar methodologies.
Who should attend?
LeanStart is open to small and medium companies that are Enterprise Ireland clients or potential clients who have been trading for at least 5 years engaged in manufacturing or eligible internationally traded services. Large companies are not eligible to apply.
“Looking across all 7 projects we worked on, we estimate an annual cost saving as a result of the lean project of approximately €26,718” — Damian, Managing Director, EI LeanStart Client
What will I learn?
- Development of Lean concepts through project delivery
- Focused engagement of your staff on Lean projects
Day 1 to 3: Key Engagements:
- Meet and engage with the owner / key managers in company
- Confirm understanding of Lean principles, tools and process mapping
- Scope out the commitment required from company
- Review cost competitiveness issues (commercial, financial and performance)
- Agree key projects and cost reduction potential
- Agree a schedule for implementation and the support required
- Progress the company Lean team building
- Appoint the company LeanPlus Programme Champion
- Review and evaluate objectives relative to schedule agreed
- Continue the Company Lean team building
- Agree resources, actions and targets / facilitate team efforts
- Train key personnel in Lean tools and methodology
- Progress targets and objectives
- Agree final targets and objectives for project end
- Quantify results from project against stated objectives
- Review the effectiveness of the Lean learning. Has it been embedded?
- Establish a continuous improvement programme
- Agree next steps for future potential projects
Day 4 to Completion: Consultant & Company will:
30+ days typically over a 6 to 9 month period
LeanPlus final report submitted to Enterprise Ireland or IDA for final grant allocation
Onsite, Dates to be arranged
30, 40, 50, 60, 70