ManagementWorks Lean Business Programme — 12 weeks
This Lean Business course is available to any company based in Ireland.
Delivered by ETAC for ManagementWorks – a government-funded initiative of the national training agency Skillnets.
“Improvement usually means doing something that we have never done before.” — Shigeo Shingo”
A 12 week programme involving 5 offsite sessions and 8 onsite mentor visits. This programme aims to introduce Lean business into any organisation through the delivery of process improvements.
The aim is to engage staff to deliver their solutions through the application of Lean Tools.
Reveal operational problems as they arise.
Convert these ‘weaknesses’ into strengths.
Use the knowledge gained to apply throughout the business.
Create managers invested in developing everyone’s capacity to continually innovate and improve.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and personnel involved in Process Improvement should attend the ManagementWorks Lean training course.
“It showed me that there were lots of things we do as a service business which are processes but they weren’t being treated as such and weren’t being reviewed, questioned and improved regularly — Niamh, Strategic Projects Manager
What will I learn?
- How to assess my organization against the 5 principles and 10 wastes
- Project terms of reference
- How to run a Kaizen event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- How to see my business as a process with Value Stream Mapping
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation
- How to control material or information with Kanban
- How to control changes or critical time windows with SMED
- How to define standard practice with Standard Work
- How to ensure better efficiency with an Asset Care programme
Outline: ManagementWorks Lean training course
- Mentor Session 1: Course Preparation and Project Selection
- Day 1: The 5 Principles of Lean – Defining customer value – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- Mentor Session 2: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Day 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- Mentor Session 3: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- Day 3: Value Stream Mapping – 5S workplace organisation – Kanban and the Pull System
- Mentor Session 4: VSM
- Mentor Session 5: 5s & Kanban
- Day 4: Changeovers and Critical Window – Standard Work – Asset Care
- Mentor Session 6: SMED & Asset Care
- Mentor Session 7: Project Evaluation & Standardisation
- Mentor Session 8: Final presentation preparation
- Day 5: Project Presentations
5 classroom days.
8 half-day mentor visits
Programme duration is over 12 weeks
Assessment and Certification
QQI Award NFQ Level 5