Six Sigma Green Belt – ASQ standard – over 12 weeks
Course duration: 10 days.
The Six Sigma Green Belt course comprises of an intensive 10 days, and will enable participants to successfully complete projects through the practical application of Six Sigma techniques.The programme leads to an ASQ Green Belt qualification
“Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement. If you can’t measure something, you can’t understand it. If you can’t understand it, you can’t control it. If you can’t control it, you can’t improve it. ” — H. James Harrington
Six Sigma originated in the U.S. in the mid-nineties and was adopted by GE to deliver significant bottom line savings to the business. Six Sigma focuses on process variation and aims to develop predictable processes through the application of a structured methodology.
This ten day programme is run over 3 months and will enable participants to successfully complete business process improvement projects.
Participants will sit the ASQ examination – There are 100 questions on the 4-hour examination.
Who should attend?
Green belts should be individuals within an organisation who are tasked with process improvement. They should have competent mathematics skills.
“It was a great programme and is a great benfit to our work place.” — Orla, Production Supervisor
What will I learn?
- The concept and origins of Six Sigma
- The most important tools used in Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control phases of business process improvement
- An introduction to data collection, analysis and presentation through the use of statistical software.
- History and principles of Six sigma
- Fundamentals: DPMO, Sigma, Variation, Roles and responsibilities, Quick Wins
- Project Charter
- Mapping the process
- Understanding the Customer
- Stakeholder Analysis and Communication planning
- Data collection
- Baseline performance
- Measurement and basic statistics
- Pareto charts, Histogram toolset, Normal distribution
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Charting, control charts, Process capability
- Data Analysis, Statistical analysis, Types of Error
- Hypothesis testing, T-test, ANOVA tests
- Graphical charting
- Root Cause Analysis, Brainstorming intro
- Regression and correlation analysis
- Improvement tools
- Corrective Action Matrix, Cause and effect Matrix
- 8D and A3 reports
- Generate, evaluate and select solutions
- FMEA and Risk assessment
- Error proofing
- Pilot solution and confirm results
- Fundamentals of Change Management
- Long term process capability
- Monitoring, Escalation, Control Plans, Standardisation
- Balanced scorecard / dashboard
- Documentation, Storyboard
- Lessons learned, Develop change Implementation plan
- Project Closure, Hard and soft savings, Handover to Process Owners
External examinations are held in Ireland twice per year (usually June & December).
10 classroom days.
Assessment and Certification
Participants will sit the ASQ Green Belt Certificate examination
170222 February 22nd Dublin