Approved Training Provider since 2010
ETAC Limited have been an Enterprise Ireland /IDA Approved Lean Training Provider since 2010. Our team have developed LeanStart (up to €3,150 grant of €6,300 cost), LeanPlus (up to 50% of costs up to €75,000) and LeanTransform (up to 50% of costs of over €100,000).
Over 1,200 Lean Projects
As of October 2018, over 1,200 Lean projects have been supported by Enterprise Ireland.
- LeanStart projects yield average savings of €55,000.
- LeanPlus programmes yield average savings of €145,000.
- LeanTransform programmes deliver significant savings.
Evaluation of Enterprise Ireland Lean Business Offer
- Lean projects delivered immediate benefits to participating companies.
- 77% reported improvements in productivity and/or capacity increases in their final project reports.
- On average, every year after the approval of a grant was drawn down, Lean client companies had an annual productivity value that was of the order of €37,000 per employee higher than companies in the matched control group. This represents an increase of 20%.
- The econometric analysis on sales and employment and the survey outputs also provide strong evidence for improved productivity leading to increased competitiveness which, in turn, will lead to increased sales, exports and employment.
- From: Lean Business Offers report
LeanStart Business Offer is designed to encourage Enterprise Ireland clients to adopt Lean business principles in their organisation to increase performance and competitiveness. Lean tools and techniques assist companies across the globe to address competitiveness issues within their businesses by building the capability of their people to identify problems and improve operations. The Lean business offer is not just for manufacturing companies. Software and internationally traded services companies can avail of funding under the Lean Offer to drive improvements and efficiencies in their business.
- 7 days
- Over 8 weeks
- Cost reduction project
- Basic Lean principles
- Cost: €6,300
- IDA Grant: €5,000
- EI Grant: €3,150 (reduced from July 1st 2015)
“Looking across all 7 projects we worked on, we estimate an annual cost saving as a result of the lean project of approximately €26,718” Managing Director, Enterprise Ireland LeanStart Client
The Business Process Improvement Grant is used to support short to medium term company projects. LeanPlus is designed to develop management capability and drive company efficiencies and business process improvements. Improvement projects must address a clear business need and deliver a positive impact on the business. A LeanPlus assignment is a medium-term business process improvement project which will result in sustained use of Lean techniques and related methodologies by the company, and will achieve significant measurable gains in capabilities and competitiveness.
- 30 days +
- Over 6 months
- Significant use of Lean techniques
- Significant productivity improvement
- Cost of up to €70,000
- Grant of up to 50% + Lean Champion support
“To summarise, the changes that have taken place on my assembly line is resounding – our area now looks quite spectacular. My co-workers can see the differences these changes make to their job. We all realise that Lean is a method to improve our productivity and quality” Line Foreman, Irish Manufacturing SME
LeanTransform is a large scale, extensive and holistic training programme which focuses on developing the capability and capacity of employees. The result should be a company-wide transformation in culture and productivity performance. In order to build sustainable businesses that can grow into the future, a LeanTransform project is about investing in people and should lead to higher quality jobs as well as a productivity improvements.
- Project duration: 1 – 2 years
- Company-wide transformation
- Sustainable programme established
- Costs > €100k
- As set by IC – circa 50%
IDA Lean Offer – Brochure
The IDA Business Development & Client Networking Division, in partnership with Enterprise Ireland and IDA’s Corporate Communications Team, have designed a brochure outlining IDA Ireland’s Lean/Green Business Offer & Competitiveness Benchmark to client companies engaged in both manufacturing and services activities. A pdf version is available. https://www.idaireland.com/IDAIreland/media/HowWeHelp/Green_Business_Offer.pdf