“People don’t go to Toyota to ‘work’ they go there to ‘think” – Taiichi Ohno
A 16 week programme involving 3 half-day classroom sessions followed by 5 onsite half-day mentor visits. This programme aims to introduce Lean business into any organisation through the delivery of process improvements.
The aim is to engage staff to deliver their solutions through the application of Lean Tools.
Who should attend?
The programme is aimed at owners/managers and key staff members of small businesses who wish to gain an introduction to lean concepts and allow them to gain a practical understanding of lean principles by undertaking a focused assignment with expert mentoring support.
Dublin City LEO
Local Enterprise Office Dublin City recognises the importance of the development of management skills for people managing their own micro or small enterprises. It also recognises the very substantial improvements in productivity and profitability that can result from the application of LEAN principles in an organisation and aims to support managers in effectively embracing LEAN methodologies in their businesses.
“This course helped me to become customer focussed and to leverage the influence of others in developing solutions.” — Ian, Financial Controller
Skills I will learn
- Assess your organization against the 5 principles and 10 wastes
- Define Project terms of reference
- How to run a Kaizen event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation
- Define standard practice with Standard Work
Outline: Lean Business training course
- Pre-programme preparation: Basic Project Charter
- Classroom Half Day 1: Lean Principles – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- Classroom Half Day 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- Classroom Half Day 3: 5S workplace organisation, Standard Work
- Mentor Session 1: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Mentor Session 2: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- Mentor Session 3: Lean Tools implementation
- Mentor Session 4: 5s, Standard Work implementation
- Mentor Session 5: Evaluation & Project Presentations (LeanStart report)
3 half-day classroom sessions.
5 x half-day onsite mentor visits
Programme duration is over 16 weeks