“People don’t go to Toyota to ‘work’ they go there to ‘think” – Taiichi Ohno
A 16 week programme involving:
- 3 half-day classroom sessions
- followed by 5 half-day mentor visits to your business.
This programme aims to introduce Lean business into any organisation through the delivery of process improvements.
The aim is to engage staff to deliver their solutions through the application of Lean Tools.
Who should attend?
The programme is aimed at owners/managers and key staff members of small businesses.
Dublin City LEO
Local Enterprise Office Dublin City recognises the importance of the development of management skills for people managing their own micro or small enterprises. It also recognises the improvements in productivity and profitability that can result from the application of LEAN principles. This programme aims to support managers in effectively embracing LEAN methodologies in their businesses.
“This course helped me to become customer focussed and to leverage the influence of others in developing solutions.” — Ian, Financial Controller
Skills I will learn
- Assess your organisation against the 5 principles and 10 wastes
- Define Project terms of reference
- How to run a Kaizen event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation
- Define standard practice with Standard Work
Outline: Lean Business training course
Pre-programme preparation: Basic Project Charter
- 1: Lean Principles – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- 3: 5S workplace organisation, Standard Work
- 1: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- 2: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- 3: Lean Tools implementation
- 4: 5s, Standard Work implementation
- 5: Evaluation & Project Presentations (LeanStart report)
3 half-day classroom workshops.
5 x half-day onsite mentor visits
Programme duration is over 16 weeks