Tios and Advice from past participants on the programme
“Improvement usually means doing something that we have never done before.” — Shigeo Shingo”
A 12 week programme involving 5 offsite sessions and 8 onsite mentor visits. This programme aims to introduce Lean business into any organisation through the delivery of process improvements.
The aim is to engage staff to deliver their solutions through the application of Lean Tools.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and personnel involved in Process Improvement should attend the ManagementWorks Lean training course.
“It showed me that there were lots of things we do as a service business which are processes but they weren’t being treated as such and weren’t being reviewed, questioned and improved regularly — Niamh, Strategic Projects Manager
10 skills I will learn?
- Assess your organisation against the 5 principles and 10 wastes
- Define Project terms of reference
- How to run a Kaizen event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- Assess lead times in your business with Value Stream Mapping
- The 5s approach to workplace organisation
- Control of material or information with Kanban
- Reduce changeover or critical time windows with SMED
- Define standard practice with Standard Work
- Ensure better efficiency with an Asset Care programme
Outline: Lean Business training course
- Mentor Session 1: Course Preparation and Project Selection
- Day 1: The 5 Principles of Lean – Defining customer value – The 10 wastes – Business Simulation
- Day 2: 8-step problem-solving – Kaizen
- Mentor Session 2: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Mentor Session 3: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- Day 3: Value Stream Mapping – 5S workplace organisation – Kanban and the Pull System
- Mentor Session 4: VSM
- Mentor Session 5: 5s & Kanban
- Day 4: Changeovers and Critical Window – Standard Work – Asset Care
- Mentor Session 6: SMED & Asset Care
- Mentor Session 7: Project Evaluation & Standardisation
- Mentor Session 8: Final presentation preparation
- Day 5: Project Presentations
5 classroom days.
8 half-day mentor visits
Programme duration is over 12 weeks
Assessment and Certification
QQI Award NFQ Level 5