8 Step- Problem Solving – gives your staff a systematic approach to “thinking” that follows the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) Management System. This process lays the foundation for all staff to look at problems in the same context giving the team member concrete actions to implement using the methodology. The 8-step approach is important to understand as the foundation for the Lean journey and essential for team member development which leads to a Lean Culture.
A3 or Problem-Solving Reports – provides the team member with tools to create a summarized document of their problem, proposal or status report in order to share the “need to know” information about their report to others involved. The report format we provide will follow the 8-step problem solving approach and provide a roadmap for coaching.
This tool helps to standardise a tried and trusted approach that has been applied in many of the world’s leading businesses. The approach ensures that there is a discipline to ensure that issues are fully understood and that root causes are identified prior to implementation of a solution. Solutions must be evaluated and as improvements are made or issues are eliminated, the new practice is standardised.
This workshop presents the concepts, tools and techniques involved in implementing 8-step or A3 problem solving, providing many examples in use in organisations today.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and personnel involved in process improvement.
- To give an overall understanding of the concept of problem solving and how these ideas can be incorporated to improve all processes.
- To give a detailed description of the most common tools employed in assessing and implementing problem solving.
- To ensure the participants can clearly outline an issue for improvement, present data to support the case, apply root cause analysis techniques and implement, evaluate and standardise solutions.
• Problem Solving Approaches
• Set A Target to Achieve
• Develop Countermeasures
• Implement Countermeasures
• Evaluate Results & Process
• Standardise Success, Learn from failures
Assessment and Certification
ETAC certificate of attendance.