8 Step- Problem Solving – give your staff a systematic approach to “thinking” that follows the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) Management System. This process lays the foundation for all staff to look at problems and gives team members concrete actions to implement using the methodology.
A3 reports provide the team a summarised document in order to share the “need to know” information about their systematic approach to the problem tackled. The report format we provide will follow the 8-step problem solving approach and provide a roadmap for coaching.
This tool helps to standardise a tried and trusted approach that has been applied in many of the world’s leading businesses. The approach ensures that there is a discipline to ensure that issues are fully understood and that root causes are identified prior to implementation of a solution. Solutions must be evaluated and as improvements are made or issues are eliminated, the new practice is standardised.
This workshop presents the concepts, tools and techniques involved in implementing 8-step or A3 problem solving, providing many examples in use in organisations today.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and personnel involved in process improvement.
- An understanding of the concept of problem solving and how these ideas can be incorporated to improve all processes.
- A detailed description of the most common tools employed in assessing and implementing problem solving.
- To ensure that participants can clearly outline an issue for improvement, present data to support the case, apply root cause analysis techniques and implement, evaluate and standardise solutions.
• Problem Solving Approaches
• Set A Target to Achieve
• Develop Countermeasures
• Implement Countermeasures
• Evaluate Results & Process
• Standardise Success, Learn from failures
Assessment and Certification
ETAC certificate of attendance.