“Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I’ll understand.” — Chinese Proverb
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt programme is aimed at those new to the world of Six Sigma who have a small role, interest, or need to develop foundational knowledge.
The programme explains the Six Sigma approach to process improvement and the DMAIC methodology employed.
Who should attend?
Yellow belts can be entry level employees that seek to improve their world or executive champions who require an overview of Six Sigma and DMAIC.
“It showed me that there were lots of things we do as a service business which are processes but they weren’t being treated as such and weren’t being reviewed, questioned and improved regularly.” — Niamh, Strategic Projects Manager
What will I learn?
- The concept and origins of both Lean and Six Sigma
- Understanding the fundamental tools used in the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control phases of business process improvement
- Six Sigma Foundations and Principles
- Lean Foundations and Principles
- Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Basics
- Quality Tools and Six Sigma metrics
- Project Planning
- Project Management Tools
DMAIC Phases — Define
- Project Selection
- Project Charter
- Basic Statistics
- Data Collection
Process Analysis Tools
Root cause Analysis
2 classroom days.
Assessment and Certification
ETAC certificate of completion